HBO Max is one of the best-reviewed and highly-rated streaming service provided by Warner Media. It enables you to stream all the shows and get HBO’s cable channel services. HBO Max is the new streaming platform of Warner Media and accessible only in United States.
The user can stream TV shows, movies, series and documentaries. It is one of the most dedicated application for smartphones, smart TVs, and all the streaming devices. Home Box Office (HBO) provides you paid access to series, movies, exclusive video content, and additional network content.
You can choose between the HBO Max (ad-free plan) or the HBO Max (ad-supported plan). Interestingly, HBO Max requires a monthly subscription and if you don’t want to further stream videos etc., you can cancel the subscription.
A common question pop ups in the mind of HBO Max users; ‘’How to cancel HBO Max on Roku?’’. We are here to answer your question in an understandable way. If you want to cancel HBO Max subscription on Roku, Keep reading.
What is HBO Max?
HBO is a subscription video-on-demand streaming platform. Before this, you could access HBO content through HBO Go, HBO Now, Filmstruck, DC Universe and, Drama Fever. However, you can access HBO Max through multiple streaming devices and various other supported devices. All of these are:
- Apple TV
- Android TV
- Amazon Fire TV Steak, Cube, and Edition smart TV
- YouTube TV
- Roku streaming devices
HBO Max plan comes in two different subscription plans. You can pay the subscription either monthly or annually. We have written a detailed description about these plans;
READ THIS: Activate Disney plus On Different Devices.
HBO Max with ads
This plan will cost you maximum $9.99 per month and $100 per year. Choice is yours, you can choose any of the above-mentioned plan. This plan enables you to enjoy your time by watching movies, drama serials, songs and other video content in High Definition (HD).
HBO Max Ads-free
This plan costs you $15 per month and $150 per year. We recommend you to choose the plan which costs $150, because it is a cheaper subscription and saves you 16%. This plan enables you to enjoy your time by watching unlimited series, exclusive originals, and movies in HD, with some movies supporting 4K UHD.
Additionally, you can watch the movies premiers after they are released in the theaters. You can also download your TV shows and movies, watch them later or offline.
The Roku streaming players can run Roku OS 9.3 or higher can easily access the HBO Max application. It helps the users to stream all the existing media content and over 100 TV shows and other movies. In case, you experience some issues with HBO Max application on your Roku device, report immediately as other users used to do.
Otherwise, you can troubleshoot by updating the application. Interestingly, the HBO Max app updates itself automatically. Currently, if you are using HBO app or HBO NOW, it should automatically update itself to HBO Max. In case, it doesn’t happen you have to do it manually by following these steps.
- Open the Roku Menu on the Roku connected device.
- Navigate to HBO app menu. Now, press the Star icon button on the Roku remote.
- Click on Check for Updates option. Your device will automatically check for updates and update your older version with the latest one.
- During this procedure, make sure that you have a proper Internet connection.
If you are previously using HBO Max or HBO NOW, log in using your existing HBO login details and make sure that you have selected the access all of HBO Max options.
READ THIS: What is Crack Stream?
How to cancel HBO Max on Roku through Website.
The first method of HBO Max cancellation is through the official website of HBO Max. If you want to cancel the HBO Max subscription, read and follow the given instructions to solve your issue.
- Open the browser on your laptop and then approach the HBO Max website.
- Using your login credentials, sign in to your HBO Max official account.
- You will see an option Profile Icon on the top-right corner of the screen. Click on that option immediately.
- Now, click on the Subscription icon to open the desired window.
- Wait for the window to open. When the window is opened, click on Manage Subscription.
- Now, click on Cancel Subscription.
- After clicking on this option, you will see a prompt on the screen with two options; NO, NEVER MIND, and YES, CANCEL SUBSCRIPTION. Definitely, you have to click on the second option and confirm your cancellation.
- Finally, your subscription is cancelled now.
Interestingly, after cancellation you are able to continue to active subscription services until and unless the billing cycle expires.
How to cancel HBO Max on Roku Via device?
You can also cancel your HBO Max subscription on Roku device. It’s not a complicated procedure. Just read and follow the given instructions to resolve your issue.
- First and foremost, turn on the Roku device and immediately press the home button on Roku remote. With the help of remote, open the Roku TV menu.
- Now, after doing this, go to the HBO Max app.
- Choose the HBO Max application, then press the START button on the Roku remote.
- A list of options will appear, choose the Manage Subscriptions option.
- Now, click on Cancel Subscription option and continue.
- If you want to complete this cancellation procedure, click on Done Icon.
All this procedure will cancel the HBO Max subscription on ROKU TV. Follow all the steps and cancel the subscription.
How to cancel HBO Max on Roku via Website?
You can also use the Roku website for the cancellation of HBO Max. In order to perform the cancellation procedure, follow these steps;
- Turn on your PC, and open the desired Browser, and launch the Roku website.
- Enter your Login details and login to your HBO Max account.
- A new window will be opened, click on Sign in.
- Now, click on Manage Subscriptions from the available list.
- You will see multiple options. Click on Unsubscribe.
- Click on OK to confirm your cancellation.
Thus, follow these steps to cancel the subscription.
READ THIS: Download MP4 YouTube videos using videovor.
How to cancel HBO Max on Roku Through Easily?
If you want to be on the safe side, and avoid paying substantial unused bills, try your level best to keep the HBO Max subscription cancelled when not in use. In addition, you can also keep a check on the billing information, and other billing related questions on the HBO Max website.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: What happens when I cancel my HBO Max subscription?
A: After the cancellation of HBO Max subscription on Roku, you can still access the multiple streaming platform’s content through the end of your billing period. Repeat all these steps to resume the subscription after the cancellation before your membership expires.
Q2: Why am I getting charged for my HBO Max?
A: The reason behind this statement is that your subscription is still active even after the cancellation. In case, you see a subscription charge after cancellation, it might be active. Check to see if the subscription has an expiration date or a cancelled status.
Q3: Can I still watch the HBO Max after cancellation?
A: Your HBO Max subscription is active after cancellation. Cancel it before 1-2 days of new billing cycle. When you cancel it, you can even continue the streaming of videos until and unless the new cycle starts.
HBO Max is one of the best-reviewed and highly-rated streaming service provided by Warner Media. It enables you to stream all the shows and get HBO’s cable channel services. HBO Max provides you with a splendid chance to enjoy your time by watching your favorite shows without any difficulty. Some people need to cancel it due to some reasons; we have written a detailed article to resolve their issue. I hope that this article will help you to cancel your HBO Max subscription on Roku.