Every patient has different issues for which they need specialist doctors, but finding the right doctor at affordable fees is the real challenge, especially in the current economic scenario of the US. According to data from 2021, 13.6 percent of adults in the United States rated their health as fair or poor, equivalent to more than one out of every eight individuals.
Fortunately, the advancement in technology has made everything easy for us. Healthcare organizations are also advancing and making them more accessible to everyone without any hurdles. PCNOK (Patient Care Network of Oklahoma) is an organization that has 19 healthcare members that provide patient care in Oklahoma.
In this article, I will be discussing the mission of PCNOK, its benefits, and its overall review. Stay tuned with me to learn everything about PCNOK.
What is PCNOK?
The Patient Care Network of Oklahoma (PCNOK) is an organization that has 19 healthcare members. It was formed in 2014 to advance the health of Oklahomans through increased access to quality care. PCNOK provides patient care, consultation, and telemedicine services to patients with the help of doctors and medical experts affiliated with it. The healthcare members of PCNOK coordinate with each other regarding the patient’s ill condition and comes up with the best possible solution. It also provides pharmaceutical, mental, behavioral, and nutritional services.
Some people cannot visit hospitals or clinics due to disability or chronic health conditions. Luckily, PCNOK provides telemedicine services that are convenient for many patients. They analyze patients’ data and use it to find the best treatment. PCNOK also trains and guides new doctors to make them experts in quality patient care with the help of its members. Patient Care Network of Oklahoma officially became an Accountable Care Organization in 2017.
PCNOK is helping patients and doctors to connect and communicate effectively with the mission of:
- Betterment of Health in Oklahoma.
- Reduce the overall cost of healthcare for patients in Oklahoma.
- Achieve optimal levels of patient engagement and patient satisfaction.
- Providing quality care to patients.
Members of PCNOK
Many healthcare organizations in Oklahoma are members of PCNOK. Here is the list of members:
- Arkansas Verdigris Valley Health Centers, Inc.
- Caring Hands Healthcare Centers, Inc
- Central Oklahoma Family Medical Center
- Community Health Center of Northeast Oklahoma, Inc.
- Community Health Centers of Oklahoma
- Community Health Connection, Inc.
- Center for Therapeutic Interventions (CTI)
- Northeastern Oklahoma Community Health Centers
- PCHC Panhandle Counseling & Health Center Health Clinic
- Pushmataha Family Medical Center, Inc
- Shortgrass Community Health Center
- South Central Medical and Resource Center
- Stigler Health and Wellness Center, Inc
- Variety Health Care
- East Central Oklahoma Family Health Center, Inc.
- Family Health Center of Southern Oklahoma
- Good Shepherd Community Clinic
- Great Salt Plains Health Center
- Kiamichi Family Medical Center
- Morton Comprehensive Health Services, Inc.
Main Focus of PCNOK
PCNOK wants to change the world of healthcare to reduce costs while improving healthcare. It was the only ACO in Oklahoma to achieve Shared Savings in 2019, saving Medicare $8.7 million while satisfying all clinical quality requirements. Here are some main focuses of PCNOK in improving healthcare:
Revolutionizing Public Health:
PCNOK is impacting the whole state to help people access better health solutions by collaborating with different health organizations. Their efforts have increased awareness and availability of healthcare services, especially in underserved communities, improving health outcomes for many individuals.
Comprehensive Healthcare for All:
PCNOK provides prenatal and geriatric care to everyone in 77 Oklahoma counties. Their team of healthcare professionals is dedicated to providing comprehensive medical care and support to patients during these crucial stages of life.
Equal Access to quality care:
PCNOK members ensure equal access to quality care and accept Medicare, Medicaid, private insurance, as well as self-pay patients. If patients have proof of income and come under 200% poverty, they will get a discount.
Expanding Access to Healthcare:
A wide range of Patient-Centered Medical services is provided at 125 urban and rural healthcare delivery sites. With a focus on patient-centered care, PCNOK’s members work tirelessly to enhance the overall patient experience and improve health outcomes.
PCNOK members are dedicated to advancing innovation in healthcare delivery through collaborative efforts. They strive to integrate cutting-edge techniques into their primary care services, such as mental health and telehealth services, alongside care teams and health coaches.
Benefits of PCNOK
PCNOK provides many benefits to both doctors and patients. Some of the benefits are mentioned below:
- Each patient gets the best quality treatment despite their location.
- PCNOK also accepts private insurance.
- This organization has all the previous data of patients, which they can use to monitor their health; it also helps diagnose new problems.
- The technologies used by PCNOk help doctors to be more innovative.
- Doctor consultation is available remotely 24/7, which helps reduce the demand for emergency rooms.
- Suppose one healthcare organization member of PCNOK has a patient needing a kidney donor. In that case, it can ask the other organization for help.
- PCNOK helps the patient to reduce the amount of money they spend on health.
- Discount for poor patients.
- PCNOK helps doctors to connect with more patients.
- This organization provides medical, dental, vision, mental health, specialty care, diagnostic testing, pharmacy, and nutrition services.
- Family members can stay relaxed because PCNOK cares for their loved ones.
- Research and study several critical health-related topics with the collaboration of 19 healthcare organizations.
Downsides of PCNOK:
Every healthcare organizations have some downsides; Here are a few potential downsides of the Patient Care Network of Oklahoma (PCNOK):
- Coverage limitations: PCNOK may restrict the types of services or treatments covered under their plans.
- Potential for miscommunication: When multiple healthcare providers are involved in a patient’s care, there is always the risk of miscommunication or confusion. This could result in mistakes or misunderstandings that could compromise patient health.
How to join PCNOK?
To join PCNOK, you can visit their website, but you must show your ID and proof of your income. Only the people of Oklahoma can be members of PCNOK.
Affordable healthcare is a significant concern for many people in the United States. Patient Care Network of Oklahoma (PCNOK) is an organization that aims to provide quality healthcare to patients in Oklahoma. PCNOK has made significant strides in advancing the health of Oklahomans through increased access to quality care.
In addition, PCNOK has also implemented various programs to promote preventive care and healthy lifestyle choices among its patients. By focusing on prevention, they aim to reduce the burden of chronic diseases and improve overall health outcomes in the community. These initiatives have contributed to PCNOK’s success in improving healthcare access and quality in Oklahoma.
Frequently Asked Questions
The total revenue of PCNOK is almost 1.1 Million dollars.
6501 N Broadway Ext Suite 200 Oklahoma City.
PCNOK accepts Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance.
You can contact PCNOK in the following ways:
1. Visit their website.
2. Calling them on this number 405.657.5776.
3. You can also send them an email at this address email@example.com.
Yes, PCNOK provides telemedicine services to its patients.